Hi there!

This is no longer an active blog. Sorry about that! I've moved my most intriguing questions and answers to my personal blog, shirleytwofeathers. There are some good links here, so feel free to explore, have a great day!

Saturday, March 3, 2007

How to sell art.

Here's a question. I am working at selling my art, and am blogging the process over at Sell Art Online, and I don't know how to decide which paintings to start with.

I thought it would be good to start with six paintings, and those six paintings will likely share space on the same web pages. Currently I have mandalas, abstract art, and wax pastel drawings. So the question is this: Is six too many? not enough? should they be similar in style? matching in color? all different styles? contrasting colors? should I just go alphabetically down the list? or should I pick my six favorite ones?

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I would pick your six best pieces, with a variety of your work styles. i would leave the middle of the night art out, because of the book value and future for those pieces. but everything else you have, do it. change it up. use different pieces on different sites, and use a click thru to 'see more work like this' that feeds into greendolphin. thats what i would do... :)

Anonymous said...

...six pieces you love and want to share...

Shirley Twofeathers said...

Thanks you guys, this was really helpful!

Get Inspired